Raised on a farm in the midwest and growing up as an avid outdoorsman, he grew up around firearms and having to be self-sufficient.
During college, he wrestled for Central Missouri State University’s Mules wrestling team before beginning his study of aikido under Sensei Doris Evans under Mistogi Saotome Shihan’s instruction with Aikido Schools of Ueshiba. Having gained a rank of 1st kyu, Before he was able to earn his 1st dan black belt, “life happened”, and he studies were interrupted by personal life.
During the time between college and now, he has attained the following credentials:
- Certified gunsmith
- Glock factory-certified armorer
- firearms refinisher, specializing in Duracoat and Ceracoat
- Federal Firearms Licensed firearms manufacturer / FFL
- CLEET-certified CEU instructor
- Certified Krav Maga instructor